The top section of this page contains links to useful documents and articles. Just click on the resource name for access.
The Education section has references for longer articles as well as courses and programs that you can access on line. To access academic journal articles, your institution may have library access, or you can try your state or territory library.
- COTA This is our space – Ageing with a Disability
- News report: Couple with Down syndrome fights for parenting dream
- No box to tick: a booklet for carers of people with learning disabilities
- Talking End of Life with people with intellectual disability – Toolkit
- To belong, I need to be missed – Disability and inclusion in faith communities
- When I Die – Example of End of Life Choices Book
- Bigby, C & Know, M (2009) “I Want to See the Queen” Experiences of Service Use by Ageing People with an Intellectual Disability Australian Social Work. Routledge. Taylor and Francis Group
- Bigby, C; Bowers, B & Webber, C (2011) “Planning and decision making about the future care of older group home residents and transition to residential aged care” The Journal of Intellectual Disability Research. Blackwell publishing
- Bowers, B; Nolet, K & Webber, R (2014) “Supporting Older People with an Intellectual Disability to Age at Home: A Manual for Support Staff and Carers” Queensland, Australia
- Buys, L; Aird, R & Miller, E (2012) “Service providers’ perceptions of active ageing among older adults with lifelong intellectual disabilities.” Journal of Intellectual Disability Research. Blackwell Publishing Ltd
- Buys, L; Boultol-Lewis, G; Tedman-Jones, J; Edwards, H; Knox, M; Bigby, C (2008) “Issues of Active Ageing: Perceptions of older people with lifelong intellectual disabilities” Australasian Journal on Ageing Wiley Online LibraryGlass, E & Mackinlay, E (2008) “The Particular Needs of Older People with Intellectual Disabilities and Their Carers: A perspective from the experience of L’Arche” Ageing, Disability and Spirituality. Jessica Kingsley Publishers. London and Philadelphia