The top section of this page contains links to useful documents and articles. Just click on the resource name for access.
The Education section has references for longer articles as well as courses and programs that you can access on line. To access academic journal articles, your institution may have library access, or you can try your state or territory library.
- Alive Inside – the documentary about the Music and Memory Program
- Brown University Quality of Life in Dementia
- Children, teenagers, young adults and dementia – resources
- Conversation about end of life – people living with dementia (from Ireland)
- Creating Connection: Couples living with dementia
- Dementia Australia The Dementia Guide for people newly diagnosed
- Dementia Awareness for CALD Communities – Moving Pictures
- Dementia Learning Guide 2021 – published by the Centre for Dementia Learning
- Dementia Specific Health Related Quality of Life Measures
- Dementia Support Australia: Support to carers of people with dementia
- Faith for Life: Christian resources for people with dementia
- How to Make Home Safer (USA)
- It’s not a disgrace… it’s dementia (Video series in multiple languages): Dementia Australia
- Keeping Pets Close: Animals and Dementia
- Making a Difference One Mind at a Time
- Meryl Brod… “Conceptualization and Measurement of Quality of Life in Dementia: The Dementia Quality of Life Instrument (DQoL).”
- Nelson’s story – being a teenager with a relative who has dementia
- Preparing your Home: Dementia Australia
- Smart Homes for Seniors
- Spirituality and Dementia Resources Alz Ass US
- Staying active in Alzheimer’s Disease
- Supported Decision Making – University of Sydney
- The Dementia Centre
- Tools to help providers: Client decision making (cognitive decline)
- Using Reminiscence with People with Dementia
- We are still gay – Evidence based guide to inclusive services
- Age differences in perceptions of gerotranscendence: An examination of cosmic dimension behaviors.”
- Boylstein, C. & Hayes, J. (2012). Reconstructing marital closeness while caring for a spouse with Alzheimer’s. Journal of Family Issues 33(5), 584-612.
- David Vance, Mark Brennan, Comfort Enah, Glenda L Smith, Jaspreet Krauer, “Religion, spirituality, and older adults with HIV: critical personal and social resources for an aging epidemic.” Clinical Interventions in Aging 6 May 2011: 101 -109.
- Jeffrey A. Buchanan, Donald Ebel, Sandra Garcia, Felicia J. VandeNest & Christina C. Omlie, Samta P. Pandya, “Hindu women in religious orders: Understanding their well-being in old age.”
- Marco Heise, Martin Müller, Uli Fischer, Eva Grill, “Quality of life in older individuals with joint contractures in geriatric care settings.”
- Océane Agli , Nathalie Bailly, Claude Ferrand, “Validation of the Functional Assessment of Chronic Illness Therapy—Spiritual Well-being (FACIT-Sp12) on French Old People.”
- Robert C. Atchley, “Spirituality, Meaning, and the Experience of Aging” Generations Vol.32, No.2, 12-16.
- Ruth V. Walker, Sara M. Powers & Toni L. Bisconti, “Positive Aspects of the Caregiving Experience: Finding Hope in the Midst of the Storm.”
- Saundra Murray Nettles, “Aging Women of Color: Engagement and Place.”
- Tracey McDonald, “Supporting the pillars of life quality in long-term care.”
- Van der Steen, Radbruch, Hertogh, Boer, Hughes et al (2014). White paper defining optimal palliative care in older people with
dementia: A Delphi study and recommendations from the European Association for Palliative Care. Palliative Medicine 28 (3) :197-209