The top section of this page contains links to useful documents and articles. Just click on the resource name for access.
The Education section has references for longer articles as well as courses and programs that you can access on line. To access academic journal articles, your institution may have library access, or you can try your state or territory library.
Cawsey, Tupper, and Gene Deszca. Toolkit for Organizational Change. Los Angeles: Sage Publications, 2007.
Giacalone, Robert A., and Carole L. Jurkiewicz, eds. Handbook of Workplace Spirituality and Organizational Performance. Armonk: M.E. Sharpe, 2003.
Haidt, Jonathan. The Happiness Hypothesis: Putting Ancient Wisdom and Philosophy to the Test of Modern Science. London: Arrow, 2006.
Heath, Chip, and Dan Heath. Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard. 1st ed. London, UK: Random House Business Books, 2011.
Kotter, John P. Accelerate: Building Strategic Agility for a Faster Moving World. Boston, Massachusetts: Harvard Business Review Press, 2014.
Kotter, John P. “Leading Change: Why Transformation Efforts Fail.” Harvard Business Review, no. May-June (1995).
Queensland Government. “Change Management Best Practice Guideline, Five Key Factors Common to Success in Managing Organisational Change.” Queensland Government, 2019. https://latrobe.rl.talis.com/items/A49C5FEE-24F7-FC67-DB14-B4116E851AFA.html
Ryerson University, Human Resources. “Change Management Leadership Guide.” Toronto, CA: Ryerson University, 2011. https://www.ryerson.ca/content/dam/hr/manager-resources/docs/change-management-leadership-guide.pdf.
Sarran, Priya. “Change Management Tool Kit. Tips, Tools and Techniques for Leading a Successful Change Initiative.” Berkeley University of California. Staff Learning and Development. https://hr.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/change_management_toolkit.pdf
The Center for Appreciative Inquiry. “Generic Processes of Appreciative Inquiry.” Generic Processes of Appreciative Inquiry (blog). https://www.centerforappreciativeinquiry.net/more-on-ai/the-generic-processes-of-appreciative-inquiry/.
- Bandsuch, Mark R., and Gerald F. Cavanagh. “Integrating Spirituality into the Workplace: Theory and Practice.” Journal of Management, Spirituality & Religion 2, no. 2 (January 2005): 221–54. https://doi.org/10.1080/14766080509518581.
- Bartram, Timothy, Gian Casimir, Nick Djurkovic, Sandra G. Leggat, and Pauline Stanton. “Do Perceived High Performance Work Systems Influence the Relationship between Emotional Labour, Burnout and Intention to Leave? A Study of Australian Nurses: Perceived High Performance Work Systems and Emotional Labour.” Journal of Advanced Nursing 68, no. 7 (July 2012): 1567–78. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.05968.x.
- Carter, Min Z., Achilles A. Armenakis, Hubert S. Feild, and Kevin W. Mossholder. “Transformational Leadership, Relationship Quality, and Employee Performance during Continuous Incremental Organizational Change.” Journal of Organizational Behavior 34, no. 7 (February 2013): 942–58. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.1824.
- Cleary, Michelle, Sancia West, David Arthur, and Rachel Kornhaber. “Change Management in Health Care and Mental Health Nursing.” Issues in Mental Health Nursing, June 20, 2019, 1–7. https://doi.org/10.1080/01612840.2019.1609633.
- Holt, Daniel T., Achilles A. Armenakis, Hubert S. Feild, and Stanley G. Harris. “Readiness for Organizational Change: The Systematic Development of a Scale.” The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science 43, no. 2 (June 2007): 232–55. https://doi.org/10.1177/0021886306295295.
- Holyoke, Paul, and Barry Stephenson. “Organization-Level Principles and Practices to Support Spiritual Care at the End of Life: A Qualitative Study.” BMC Palliative Care 16, no. 1 (December 2017): 1–19. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12904-017-0197-9.
- Lehman, Wayne E.K., Jack M. Greener, and D. Dwayne Simpson. “Assessing Organizational Readiness for Change.” Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment 22, no. 4 (June 2002): 197–209. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0740-5472(02)00233-7.
- Nancarrow, Susan A, Alison Roots, Sandra Grace, Anna M Moran, and Kerry Vanniekerk-Lyons. “Implementing Large-Scale Workforce Change: Learning from 55 Pilot Sites of Allied Health Workforce Redesign in Queensland, Australia.” Human Resources for Health 11, no. 1 (December 2013): 1–14. https://doi.org/10.1186/1478-4491-11-66.
- Otis-Green, Shirley, Betty Ferrell, Tami Borneman, Christina Puchalski, Gwen Uman, and Andrea Garcia. “Integrating Spiritual Care within Palliative Care: An Overview of Nine Demonstration Projects.” Journal of Palliative Medicine 15, no. 2 (February 1, 2012): 154–62. https://doi.org/10.1089/jpm.2011.0211.
- Shea, Christopher M, Sara R Jacobs, Denise A Esserman, Kerry Bruce, and Bryan J Weiner. “Organizational Readiness for Implementing Change: A Psychometric Assessment of a New Measure.” Implementation Science 9, no. 1 (December 2014). https://doi.org/10.1186/1748-5908-9-7.
- Shepherd, Heather L., Liesbeth Geerligs, Phyllis Butow, Lindy Masya, Joanne Shaw, Melanie Price, Haryana M. Dhillon, et al. “The Elusive Search for Success: Defining and Measuring Implementation Outcomes in a Real-World Hospital Trial.” Frontiers in Public Health 7 (October 18, 2019). https://doi.org/10.3389/fpubh.2019.00293.
- Trajkovski, Suza, Virginia Schmied, Margaret Vickers, and Debra Jackson. “Implementing the 4D Cycle of Appreciative Inquiry in Health Care: A Methodological Review.” Journal of Advanced Nursing 69, no. 6 (June 2013): 1224–34. https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.12086.
- Whitney, Diana. “Appreciative Inquiry: Creating Spiritual Resonance in the Workplace.” Journal of Management, Spirituality & Religion 7, no. 1 (March 2010): 73–88. https://doi.org/10.1080/14766080903497656.