Thanks for your work on this series – I used the paper on Jewish Spirituality with my team of Pastoral Care Volunteers at our meeting and it was a great way of discussing the particular needs of Jewish residents!
Not a 'how to' but a 'how about'
- The Spiritual Care Considerations Series is a set of short (one page) guiding thoughts and questions to keep in mind as you care for older people from a range of backgrounds
- To support culturally appropriate and sensitive care, the Considerations provide ideas to explore with the older person in your care, and/or their loved ones
- Designed as a helpful prompt for staff and volunteers working at any level in the organisation
- Developed in consultation with experts and experienced practitioners
- New topics are added throughout the year
- They can be used as a talking point in staff meetings and/or as a reference point when assessing or reviewing the needs of a new resident or client in your service
- You can save, print and/or send copies of these documents to anyone within your organisation
- They are available here for Meaningful Ageing Australia member organisations