These have been rolled out to our staff notice boards and staff have commented that they have never thought of the issues which have been raised.
Thanks for your work on this series – I used the paper on Jewish Spirituality with my team of Pastoral Care Volunteers at our meeting and it was a great way of discussing the particular needs of Jewish residents! I expect it will also be a great resource for discussions with care staff.
Not a 'how to' but a 'how about'
- The Spiritual Care Considerations Series is a set of short (one page) guiding thoughts and questions to keep in mind as you care for older people from a range of backgrounds
- To support culturally appropriate and sensitive care, the Considerations provide ideas to explore with the older person in your care, and/or their loved ones
- Designed as a helpful prompt for staff and volunteers working at any level in the organisation
- Developed in consultation with experts and experienced practitioners
- New topics are added throughout the year
- They can be used as a talking point in staff meetings and/or as a reference point when assessing or reviewing the needs of a new resident or client in your service
- You can save, print and/or send copies of these documents to anyone within your organisation
- They are available here for Meaningful Ageing Australia member organisations
Your feedback is welcome
If you would like to suggest a topic or an improvement, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org