From our CEO: Now we all know how to use Zoom…
Here at Meaningful Ageing Australia, we are well aware of the pressures the aged care sector works with every day. With this in mind, we have developed some initiatives to better support you and your teams with your daily commitment to social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. In the background, we continue to work on the structural issues that get in your way. Here’s a snapshot, with details further below:
1. Good News Stories – we all know change is needed in aged care. We also know that there are many thousands of hours of passionate, kind and proactive support every day in Australia and these stories need to be told! Share your #GoodNewsStories today.
2. Free 30 minute webinars for all – held monthly, open to anyone with an interest in social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
3. National Community of Practice for members and affiliates (free) – in response to feedback from members, we are hosting a monthly, one hour meeting on line for frontline staff to compare notes, share ideas and address challenges in your daily work with older people. Small groups will be used.
4. Leader’s Network for members and affiliates (free) – I am hosting a quarterly online meeting for senior staff to discuss strategic challenges and solutions.
I encourage you to make space and/or to allow your team to make space, to participate in whichever of these opportunities is the best fit. Too often, our day-to-day responsibilities prevent us from engaging in moments like these that can help to keep us going for the next leg of the journey.
Some of you will have noticed I mentioned ‘affiliates’ above. Over the years we have been contacted by many people and groups who have been disappointed that membership was not available to them. Our board has now approved an exciting new program that provides a way for individuals and organisations/businesses/institutions who are in this situation to connect formally with us. Again, see below for more information.
Our board has also taken the opportunity to engage with, and refresh our Reason for Being and Mission. The refreshed approach provides some clearer focus and thinking, as well as adding an additional value: Influence. Find out more here.
We are looking forward to continuing to support you throughout 2021
The issue also includes:
- Guest Article: Clinical Governance as a support for spiritual health by Cathy Balding
- Celebrating the work of aged care providers: our Good News Stories video
- A range of Member Network events launched, including our new National Community of Practice
Read the full issue here.