Meaningful Ageing Australia’s vision is for meaning, purpose and connectedness to be part of every ageing journey. A growing membership based not for profit, we are the peak body for spiritual care and ageing. Our main activities are:
- evidence-informed, practical resources to help community and residential aged care organisations understand and respond to the spiritual needs of older people
- workshops and networks
- advocacy with government and key agencies.
We are a small organisation with a big collaborative network. Our members and activities occur across Australia.
The Project Officer is an essential part of our success. As the only other full time role in the business, this position is designed to help us sustain our commitment to high quality products and services, and continue to expand our reach.
Reporting to the CEO, the position has clear accountability and as with any small business, it is also highly flexible and responsive.
- Develop publication standard materials for use by members and others.
- Provide support for general operations.
- Successful delivery of workshops and events in partnership with members and others.
- Development and maintenance of Peer Support Networks.
- Be an ambassador for Meaningful Ageing Australia among potential and current members and other stakeholders.
Key selection critiera
- Demonstrated contemporary knowledge of spirituality, high quality spiritual care and links with opportunities and challenges of ageing
- Experience in planning and evaluating successful projects
- Outstanding written communication skills including research, resources development and report-writing to publication standard
- Small and large events planning
- Capacity to work effectively with a small, largely part-time and dispersed team including volunteers
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Evidence of ability to persist and maintain resilience in the face of hurdles
- Demonstrated success managing multiple stakeholder relationships ranging from government to service providers to individuals
- Evidence of strong commitment to business success
- Ability to work autonomously and responsively as required
- Willingness to play e.g. Experiment with new approaches and ideas
Review the full position description before applying:
To apply, send the following as an attachment to email@example.com:
1. Cover letter explaining your interest in the position
2. Table addressing the Key Selection Criteria
3. Brief CV with relevant experience
Applications close 5pm 24 June 2019