Five short animations to help staff in a range of roles understand spirituality in the Aged Care Quality Standards and the intersection with the National Guidelines.
- Spirituality is more than Religion: National Guidelines in Spiritual Care and why is it important to the Quality Standards
- A message for Personal Carers about the role of spiritual care
- Assessment and Planning about the importance of spiritual care
- Examples of Spiritual Care in aged care practices and service delivery
- Message for Boards, CEOs and Senior Staff and why spiritual care is part of good governance
Reviews and Feedback
“I loved it! It made me feel like this is bringing me back to feeling valued instead of feeling like we are just machines doing the same jobs day in day out. It made me feel that I have purpose. Please show this film to all the staff to get them to feel they are important.” – Personal carer
“What great videos – simple and clear. I have shared these with several of the Regional Managers and the response is the same. These would be a great introduction tools for staff, volunteers and senior leaders to start the conversations and demystify spirituality.”
This series of five short animations builds on the previous set made for the National Guidelines for Spiritual Care in Aged Care.
They unpack some of the ways that spirituality and broad spiritual care are part of the Aged Care Quality Standards.
Available as a set on this handy USB so you don’t have to depend on decent internet to use them.
They were funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health and available to download for free or on USB