The National Guidelines for Spiritual Care in Aged Care are based on the principles of a whole-of-organisation approach, valuing relational care, affirming that spiritual care is everyone’s business, and that spiritual care is about growth and flourishing.
They are a key resource to support implementation of the holistic care aspects of the Aged Care Quality Standards.
The Guidelines put forward five domains of spiritual care, with ten outcomes under each domain:
1. Organisational leadership and alignment
2. Relationships and connectedness
3. Identifying and meeting spiritual needs
4. Ethical context of spiritual care
5. Enabling spiritual expression