Quickly understand how the National Guidelines support the Aged Care Quality Standards!
The National Guidelines for Spiritual Care in Aged Care encompass a whole-of-organisation approach, valuing relational care, and recognise that spiritual care is everyone’s business. The National Guidelines articulates five domains of spiritual care, with ten outcomes and actions listed for each:
- Organisational leadership and alignment
- Relationships and connectedness
- Identifying and meeting spiritual choices, preferences and needs
- Ethical context of spiritual care
- Enabling spiritual expression.
The Australian Government’s 2018 Aged Care Quality Standards[i] total eight standards.
Each standard outlines a consumer outcome, organisation statement, and requirements for organisations to meet the standard. The standards are:
- Standard 1: Consumer dignity and choice
- Standard 2: Ongoing assessment and planning with consumers
- Standard 3: Personal care and clinical care
- Standard 4: Services and supports for daily living
- Standard 5: Organisation’s service environment
- Standard 6: Feedback and complaints
- Standard 7: Human resources
- Standard 8: Organisational governance
In this document, we present the eight Aged Care Quality Standards, and list the related Guidelines Outcomes for each requirement.
Watch Good News Story about this resource
[i] Australian Government. Aged Care Quality Standards, 2018. Retrieved from: https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/providers/standards/quality-standards