You will need your organisation’s Member’s Zone login to access these courses. Go to the e-modules now here.
Qualities and Values and Presence and Listening Skills e-modules are adapted from the Spirituality in Aged Care Professional Development Program and are designed to equip aged care organisations with outcome focused, practical tools for integrating spiritual care for older people. Each module focuses on a core area that can enable all staff engage in spiritual care within the workplace. Using a reflective focus, they can be used by individuals or by small groups. Each module will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. You can download SCORM files for your organisation’s Learning Management System from the list above.
Many thanks for those member organisations who provided feedback during the development of these e-modules: Catholic Homes WA, Churches of Christ QLD, Illawarra Diggers NSW, and OneCare TAS. Read our media release here.
The Spiritual Care Orientation: An Integral Part of Caring and ConnecTo Spiritual Screening Tool: E-modules are designed for staff with direct contact with older people.
Spiritual Care Orientation: An integral part of caring – In this e-module, staff can learn at their own pace, engaging with the concepts of spirituality and spiritual care to build confidence in offering spiritual care in their day to day activities. This content is an abridged version of our 45-minute face-to-face orientation program.
ConnecTo Spiritual Screening Tool – This e-module introduces spiritual screening and assessment concepts and invites the learner to participate in real life conversations to integrate their learning. A great way to introduce the ideas in our popular ConnecTo tool, the e-module forms the first part of training in ConnecTo, which also includes a face-to-face learning component. The full face-to-face program is available as a hard copy resource for our members.
- The e-modules are each available in full and abridged formats.
- Each of the e-modules were trialled in nine member organisations.
The full format e-module is intended for:
- All nursing, corporate, administrative, lifestyle, clinical, allied health, quality, leaders and managers staff and others who have direct or indirect contact with older people and their significant others.
The abridged format e-module is intended for:
- All personal care workers, maintenance, food services and hospitality staff, and others who have direct or indirect contact with older people and their significant others.
The e-module should be offered in complement to face-to-face training components.
To access the e-modules
Option 1: Download the SCORM files (listed above) and integrate with your LMS.
Option 2: Download the HTML/web version for your intranet (listed above).
Option 3: Access online e-modules directly via the Member’s Zone by using this link.
* Please note, there is no tracking available for this option, and courses need to be completed in one session.
- Staff will need your organisation’s Member’s Zone login to access these courses.
- The course password, if required, is available in the Hints and Tips Sheet.
Terms and Conditions
These e-modules are only available to current members of Meaningful Ageing Australia for internal use in your organisation.
If your membership expires, you are obligated to delete all copies of the e-modules from your systems.