Two unique Meaningful Ageing events in one day
Bupa Aged Care Mildura
514 Deakin Ave
Mildura, Vic 3500
10.30-11.30am & 2.00-5.00pm Tuesday 25th July 2017
Meaningful Ageing Australia Member Organisations $30 (+ $5.57 gst/booking fee)
Non-Member $50 (+ $8.56 gst/booking fee)
Registrations are essential. To book your place, please visit the Eventbrite listing.
10.30-11.30am Morning Tea for Family Members – What to expect at end of life
This free session provides an opportunity for reflection and discussion on what to expect at end of life.
2.00-5.00pm Seminar for Staff – Death, Dying & Hope
Many of us find talking about end of life particularly difficult, and communicating with others about end of life presents challenges. How do we, as care staff, communicate with residents and their family members as death approaches? How might we attend to the grief and loss experienced by family members and our colleagues? What processes can we put in place to enable the whole team to stay up to date with news of recently deceased residents?
This session will engage participants in discussions about end of life.
- Develop your communication skills
- Recognise spiritual care needs at end of life
- Understand what people are likely to experience in loss
- Recognise that all staff have a role in end of life care
- Understanding communication processes within the team so all staff are aware when a resident dies and are able to support each other, the loved ones and other residents.
- Feel more comfortable engaging in conversations around the dying process and death