Spirituality is more than religion.
Spirituality is the way we seek and express meaning and purpose; the way we experience our connection to the moment, self, others, our world and
the significant or sacred. (Adapted from California Lutheran Homes Centre for Spirituality and Ageing)
If you are looking for aged care or other services, you can ask staff in organisations these questions (for yourself or a loved one):
- How will you support me to maintain important connections and relationships?
- What opportunities will I have to reflect on my legacy?
- How will you find out about my sources of hope and how will this be supported?
- Who is available to be with me if I am struggling?
- How is spirituality understood here and how is it integrated into your services?
- Are you a member of Meaningful Ageing Australia?
Meaningful Ageing Australia creates practical resources and advocates for spiritual care to be included in all settings where older people are being supported.
You can sign up for our free newsletter and connect with us on Facebook.