Becoming a Member of Meaningful Ageing Australia
Membership of Meaningful Ageing Australia is open to all organisations and groups who provide care and support to older people. Our members include a wide range of organisations, specialist aged care providers, health groups and community groups.
Members have access to a range of tools and activities developed in collaboration with leading international and Australian experts. We are constantly developing new resources to support high quality social, emotional and spiritual support in your organisation, aligned with the Aged Care Quality Standards and community expectations. You have opportunities for collaboration and to join our collective effort for improved quality of life for older people who are accessing services.
Request a discussion with our CEO about how we can support you: email@example.com.
Preview our resources here.
Download our catalogue here.
Our digital application form for organisations and groups is here.
Member organisations receive:
Unlimited free access for your team to all digital products as well as access to hard copy materials, most of which are also free.
* Videos covering a range of topics
* On-line, easy to use clearing house of resources to support quality whole of person care
* Quality Awards (biannually) – celebrating your organisation’s successes in truly person-centred care
* Exclusive networks
* Expert advice and coaching
* Linkages for potential research partnerships
*Linkage from our See me. Know me. campaign
* 20% discount off St Luke’s Innovative resources
* reduced price access to our education services
* 20% discount off the high quality Meaningful Ageing Australia / HTN / Altura (formerly Aged Care Channel) Spiritual Care Series: volunteer training course
* advocacy for improved quality of life and quality of care for all older people through the inclusion of spiritual care
Our surveys report on many positive impacts from engaging with our resources. For example, from our latest survey:
“Meaningful Ageing material is helping us as an organisation articulate the focus on spiritual care in a way that is clear, engaging and easy to understand.”
“A huge thank you for filling many gaps for us in Aged Care.”
“Keep doing the great work you do. It is so very much appreciated. Your support and resources are so very important to me.”
“Thank you for the wonderful work.”
“The quality of resources are very high and useful.”
“Our main source of support are the newsletters and online/downloadable resource – the quality of both is exceptional and meets our needs.”